Why work at Arcadia?
Special Education Paraprofessional
About Arcadia: Arcadia is a small, welcoming, progressive, project-focused charter school, serving grades 6-12. We’re looking for a middle/high school special education paraprofessional who can creatively engage students in the rewarding challenges of understanding the world around them. Arcadia is 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities in Northfield, the winner of a variety of ‘best small town’ awards, with two excellent colleges and a community that embraces quality education. We value authentically student-centered education, and we may be the right place for you. For more information about our school, see. www.arcadiacharterschool.org
Our mission: It is the mission of Arcadia Charter School to prepare our students to transition intellectually, emotionally, and ethically to higher education, future employment, and engaged citizenship.
Job Title: 1.0 fte Special Education Paraprofessional
Job Description and Responsibilities
1. Uphold the Mission and Vision of Arcadia Charter School.
2. Support students receiving special education services in a least restrictive environment.
4. Implement daily work assignments from licensed special education staff.
5. Be a positive role model for learning, social interactions and emotional regulation.
6. Assist in maintaining school facilities and equipment.
7. Maintain confidentiality.
8. Follow schedule set by licensed special education staff.
9. Report for supervisory duties as assigned by school director.
10. Report observations regarding student changes to special education team members.
11. Implement accommodations and modifications as specified on students’ IEPs.
12. Act as a liaison between general education and special education staff regarding student progress/needs.
Paraprofessional work hours are 7:45am to 3:15pm. Paraprofessionals may have the opportunity for additional hours by attending specified meetings, IEP meetings, and required professional development.
Hourly rate based on experience and qualifications. Applications are due November 1st.
Please complete the application form on the website and send along with a resume and three references to:
Arcadia Charter School
1719 Cannon Road
Northfield, MN 55057
p. 507-663-8806, ext. 217