Our mission: Arcadia’s mission is to prepare our students to transition intellectually, emotionally, and ethically to higher education and future employment. We are seeking committed, constructivist educators to join our learning community.
Special Education Teacher - 2019-2020 School Year
Arcadia Charter School is located in Northfield, MN and serves 126 students in grades 6-12. Arcadia offers a hybrid project-based learning experience including both student-led project- based work and core content classes.
Arcadia is an intentionally small school with a 15:1 student to teacher ratio. It offers a strong social curriculum that teaches teamwork, leadership opportunities, and life-long learning. We believe that excellent teachers are critical to the success of all students by creating and maintaining a safe, positive community atmosphere.
The ideal candidate will be joining a team of special education teachers, an on-site school social worker, and a special education administrative assistant to facilitate all due process paperwork.
The Special Education teacher needed for this position will be licensed in at least two areas (ASD and/or EDB and another area of licensure) or as an Academic Behavior Specialist and will provide specialized instruction for students with mild to moderate disabilities (LD, OHD, ASD, or EBD) with needs in a combination of the following areas:
- behavior regulation
- reading, writing, and/or math skills
- social skills
- organizational skills
- use of assistive software and technology
The applicant should have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- IEP writing and conducting evaluations
- creating schedules and managing paraprofessionals
- developing strong instructional plans that meet the needs of a range of students
- teaching reading, writing and math at minimum
- teaching behavior regulation and social skills
Competitive salary and benefits based on experience and qualifications.
Position open until filled.
0.5 fte Secondary Visual Arts Teacher
- Minnesota k-12 art education licensure
- Experience working with students at the secondary level.
- Skill in designing, writing, implementing, and evaluating arts curricula
- Experience in a variety of media and in project based education
- Experience working collaboratively with teachers to enhance curriculum development
- Experience with integration/inclusive community trends
- Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with teachers and parents
- Instruct and support students in grades 6 -12 in the arts
- Develop and implement creative and innovative lessons in the arts
- Additional duties as assigned by administrator
- Work collaboratively with staff using project-based model
- Work collaboratively with Northfield Public schools, Northfield Arts Guild, Carleton College and St. Olaf College for gallery shows and college interns
- Other duties as required
Date of Appointment: August 21, 2019
Application due: July 15, 2019
To Apply: Complete an application at www.arcadiacharterschool.org . Applicants must also include a one page letter of interest, transcripts, copy of licensure, resume and three letters of recommendation. Supportive application materials may be mailed or scanned to:
Barbara E. Wornson, Ed.D. Interim Executive Director
Arcadia Charter School
1719 Cannon Road
Northfield, MN 55057
Arcadia Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer