Why work at Arcadia?
School Social Worker
Our mission: It is the mission of Arcadia Charter School to prepare our students to transition intellectually, emotionally, and ethically to higher education, future employment, and engaged citizenship.
Job Title: 1.0 FTE School Social Worker
Employment with Arcadia offers teamwork, leadership opportunities, challenges and room to grow. We believe that excellent teachers are critical to the success of all students, as well as creating and maintaining a safe, positive community atmosphere that embraces the family unit and emphasizes continuous progress toward physical, emotional, and mental health.
The ideal candidate will be joining a team of educators and special education educators, a special education administrative assistant to facilitate all due process paperwork, and highly involved related providers, such as the school psychologist.
The School Social Worker needed for this position will:
● Provide comprehensive School Social Work services to parents, students, and school staff, addressing barriers that may limit a student from receiving the full benefit from their educational experience at Arcadia Charter School.
● Respond to referrals from school staff and parents via the special services continuum of services, providing direct services, and by assisting families in accessing appropriate community resources.
● Provide direct and indirect Special Education services and participate in the child find and evaluation process.
● Chair the student assistance/intervention team.
Requirements and Qualifications
● Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work from an accredited social work program; AND two (2) years of professional social work experience with children, youth, and families; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● Licensed by the Board of Social Work (LSW, LGSW, LISW, or LICSW; LICSW preferred).
● Valid license as a School Social Worker from the Minnesota Department of Education
● Experience working with adolescents in a school setting and experience with special education is highly preferred.
Salary and benefits negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Please send application via mail or email, along with three references, to:
Arcadia Charter School
1719 Cannon Road
Northfield, MN 55057
p. 507-663-8806, ext. 217