Why work at Arcadia?
Arcadia is a small, welcoming, progressive, project-focused charter school, serving grades 6-12. We’re looking for professionals who can creatively engage students in the rewarding challenges of understanding the world around them. Arcadia is 45 minutes south of the Twin Cities in Northfield, MN, the winner of a variety of ‘best small town’ awards, with two excellent colleges and a community that embraces quality education. We value authentically student-centered education, and we may be the right place for you.
Special Education Teacher
Arcadia Charter School is a progressive, project-based charter school serving 128 students in grades 6-12, located in Northfield, MN. We are seeking a Special Education Teacher for the 2022-2023 school year. Our mission is “to prepare our students to transition intellectually, emotionally, and ethically to higher education, future employment, and engaged citizenship.” We pride ourselves on creating meaningful educational experiences with our students in an inclusive, supportive community of learners.
The ideal Special Education Teacher needed for this position will be licensed in special education or as an Academic Behavior Strategist, and will provide specialized instruction for students with mild to moderate disabilities (LD, OHD, ASD, or EBD).
Job Title: 1.0 FTE Special Education Teacher
- Minnesota K-12 special education licensure
- Experience working with students at the secondary level.
- Skill in designing, writing, implementing curriculum and evaluation within an Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Skill in planning and facilitating student transitions to post-secondary settings
- Experience working with regular education teachers to provide appropriate accommodations for special education students.
- Experience with integration/inclusive community trends
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships with teachers and parents
- Skills in crisis prevention and de-escalation procedures.
The ideal applicant will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- specialized instruction in reading, writing, and/or math
- organizational skills instruction
- progress monitoring
- use of assistive software and technology
- IEP writing and conducting evaluations
- creating schedules and managing paraprofessionals
- excellent communication skills for collaboration with general education teachers and providing information to parents
To apply for this position, download the employment application from our website:https://arcadiacharterschool.org/employment and email it along with a cover letter, résumé, and three references, to email@example.com. Materials can also be mailed to the school: Attn: Kathleen A. Schmidt, Arcadia Charter School 1719 Cannon Road Northfield, MN 55057.
Special Education Paraprofessional
Job Title: 1.0 FTE, Special Education Paraprofessional
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Uphold the Mission and Vision of Arcadia Charter School.
- Support students receiving special education services, including students with difficult behaviors.
- Implement daily work assignments from licensed special education staff.
- Be a positive role model for learning, social interactions and emotional regulation.
- Assist in maintaining school facilities and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow schedule set by licensed special education staff.
- Report for supervisory duties as assigned by school director.
- Report observations regarding student changes to special education team members.
- Implement accommodations and modifications as specified on students’ IEPs.
- Act as a liaison between general education and special education staff regarding student progress/needs.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to navigate an active, open school environment.
Paraprofessional work hours are between 7:45am and 3:00pm. Paraprofessionals may have the opportunity for additional hours by attending specified meetings, IEP meetings, and required professional development.
Hourly rate based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, download the employment application from our website: https://arcadiacharterschool.org/employment and email it along with a cover letter, résumé, and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials can also be mailed to the school: Attn: Kathleen A. Schmidt, Arcadia Charter School 1719 Cannon Road Northfield, MN 55057.