Why work at Arcadia?
Special Education Paraprofessional
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Uphold the Mission and Vision of Arcadia Charter School.
- Support students receiving special education services, including students with difficult behaviors.
- Implement daily work assignments from licensed special education staff.
- Be a positive role model for learning, social interactions and emotional regulation.
- Assist in maintaining school facilities and equipment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow schedule set by licensed special education staff.
- Report for supervisory duties as assigned by school director.
- Report observations regarding student changes to special education team members.
- Implement accommodations and modifications as specified on students’ IEPs.
- Act as a liaison between general education and special education staff regarding student progress/needs.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be able to navigate an active, open school environment.
This position is required to work in the school building with a small, intact group of no more than twelve students.
Paraprofessional work hours are between 7:45am and 3:15pm. Paraprofessionals may have the opportunity for additional hours by attending specified meetings, IEP meetings, and required professional development.
Hourly rate based on experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, download the employment application from our website and email it along with a cover letter, résumé, and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials can also be mailed to the school: Attn: Laura Stelter, Arcadia Charter School 1719 Cannon Road Northfield, MN 55057.