Homework Help starts on Tuesday, September 17th. Come to the Media Room on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:50 – 4:00 pm. A snack will be provided. Be sure to have transportation arranged ahead of time. Any questions, talk to Maggie.
Interested in legos and robotics? ILEO will again be offered as an after school activity for all students. An informational meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 10 at 12:20 in the ROR. Please see Gary if you are interested but are unable to attend.
Attention all students! Do you like tabletop games? Do you want something to look forward to at the end of Monday? Then you should come to Ace of Clubs, the Arcadia after-school tabletop gaming club! We meet every Monday after school from 2:45pm to 4:30pm. Join Matt in a room yet to be determined for board games, party games, and card games! Be sure to coordinate your own transportation if you plan on coming.
On Friday the Middle School spent time discussing and learning about creating a “Bully-Free” environment here at Arcadia. We reviewed many of the ways Bullying could occur – face-to-face, through “those looks” across the room – to ALL the “cyber” online platforms young people are on…and exclusion – when you knowingly exclude someone. Arcadians are amazing – Creating a Bully Free Environment, Community, World starts with each of you!
- Accountability – to each other, the groups you are in, your school, your community….
- Respect – yep, remembering respect in each of your interactions.
- Care – caring for self first allows you to open up and care for those around you.
- Academics – we are a school, so learning is a value we hold here.
- Distinguished – we learn differently here, which sets us up for success in different ways, we can distinguish ourselves in how we care for each other too.
- Inclusive – being an open and welcoming environment is a value we hear from students – remember to watch for those not included.
- Amazing – AMAZING ARCADIANS…
(That spells ARCADIA)There are chart paper Y charts with these words and several others in the hall going toward the Great Room — feel free to add to them and help generate words, quotes, ideas for our new students and student yet to enroll to help them become an Amazing Arcadian. (***side note for the PBIS team – there is an A.R.C. for each of those words on the chart paper)
For dates of upcoming events, please click on the link below to go to our website.