Breakfast: Breakfast Cereal Bar, String Cheese, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch: BBQ Meatball Hoagie or Egg Salad Sub, Potato Salad, Salad, Fruit, Milk
To Report an Absence – call the front desk at 507-663-8806 x 0, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please contact us when your student will be absent from school, arrive late to school or leave school for an appointment, family event, etc.
Please turn in your May and June lunch order form today. A copy is attached.
Horse May Term will meet during lunch in Green Advisory today.
An announcement for high school students who are going on the field trip to the Guthrie Wednesday: remember that we leave at 9:05– as soon as you get to school. Also, bring a lunch- we won’t have time to stop for lunch. And bring a snack- something easy that you can eat at intermission.
Math Club will start today! If you are interested in joining a math club we will have our first meeting today from 3 – 4 pm. Meet in Blue Advisory. Contact Angela if you have any questions.
High School Students:
Teen Internship opportunity – As part of the Change to Chill School Partnership, you have the first opportunity to invite students to participate in the second year of our teen summer internship program: Chill Champions. This is a paid internship opportunity for only 10 teens from across Minnesota and Western Wisconsin, between the ages of 14-19, who will gain experience in program development and planning. Students can apply via this link: http://www.changetochill.org/chill-champion/
Allina Health’s Change to Chill™ program will be partnering with nine high schools during the 2018-2019 school year for the Change to Chill School Partnership. This first of its kind opportunity will pair the mental well-being resources of Change to Chill in the school setting, engaging staff, parents and students and facilitating change in the school environment.
Change to Chill™ is a free, online mental well-being program offered by Allina Health which aims to help teens identify what stress is, what causes it, and, most importantly, how to manage it.
Schools from across Minnesota and Western Wisconsin were invited to apply for this opportunity Arcadia Charter School was selected to participate!
The Change to Chill School Partnership aims to help staff, teachers, parents and students help make their school a place that promotes and fosters a culture of mental well-being. Components of the Partnership include:
- Change to Chill curriculum training for educators
- Allina Health and school co-facilitated outreach and engagement to parents/guardians
- Peer mentoring program for students
- Collateral support to facilitate environmental change
- $1,000 to go towards creating a space for teens to relax; a “Chill Zone”
Seniors there will be a mandatory graduation meeting April 16th at 2:45pm in the Tesla Room. A Senior Class picture will also be taken at that time.
Attention all students! MCA Testing will continue until Thursday April 26th. This means two things:
- Return all Chromebooks to where they belong and plug them in EVERY day, especially the black classroom Chromebooks. We will be using those to test with in the morning, so they need to be ready, charged, and in good shape every day.
- For people in the advisories, please DO NOT stream video or music on Youtube, Spotify, or other streaming media services over the school WiFi for the next 3 weeks, especially during the first 3 periods of the day. We need to make sure the internet is working smoothly and consistently for all the students testing, since the MCA program is connected to the internet. If you are eating up our limited bandwidth, it means students might have to make up tests later or have their testing programs go super slow. Please be considerate of testing students and do not be a bandwidth hog!
Monday’s Random Recognition
Today’s random recognition goes to para Desiree Caballero for always stepping up and helping out without being asked. We appreciate you, Desiree – you are a model of the Arcadian Way!!
If you know someone who deserves a random recognition, email Barb!
Snow Day and Last Day of School Update – because of the Snow Day on March 6th, our last day of school will be June 8th. We will have a full day of school on June 7th, and a 2 hour early release on June 8th.
April 3 Snow Day announcement – we will now have school on Friday, May 18th to make up for the snow day on Tuesday, April 4th. We will have a 2 hour early release that day.
Tuesday, April 17 – School Board Meeting 6:30 pm
Wednesday, April 18 – High School Field Trip – “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” at the Guthrie
Sunday, April 22 – 3rd Annual Breakfast Fundraiser for May Term at VFW in Northfield – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Tuesday, April 24 – ACT test at Community Resource Bank – 8:00 am
Friday, April 27 – Middle School Field Trip – The Lorax – at the Children’s Theater
Thursday, May 3 – Arcadia Spring Play 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Friday, May 4 – Arcadia Spring Play 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Friday, May 5 – Arcadia Spring Play 7:30 – 9:30 pm
Tuesday, May 8 – Senior Presentation Night – 6:30 pm
Thursday, May 10 – Senior Presentation Night – 6:30 pm
Tuesday, May 15 – School Board Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday, May 18 – Make up Day for April 3 Snow Day – Early Release 12:45
Saturday, May 19 – Senior Prom (time and place to be determined)
Monday, May 21 – 1st Day of May Term
Monday, May 28 – No school – Memorial Day
Friday, June 8 – Last Day of School and Early Release 12:45
Friday, June 8 – Senior Graduation at the Northfield Ballroom – 7:00 – 9:00 pm